Welcome to ACCOINTING.com’s guide to import and track your crypto transactions from Kraken. In this section you will learn how to add your Kraken account to ACCOINTING.com via API. Note that we also support CSV imports for all exchanges and wallets via our ACCOINTING.com template.
How to connect Kraken to ACCOINTING.com via API?
- First, log in into your Kraken account and navigate to Settings -> API (https://www.kraken.com/u/settings/api)
- Then create a new key and select in the permission options: Query Ledger Entries and Query Funds
- Finally enter the key and private key in ACCOINTING.com.
How to track your Kraken Portfolio?
1. After importing all your transactions from Kraken , go to your Overview Page to get a summary of your entire portfolio.
2. Analyse your Kraken historical performance by selecting your preferred time-period, as well as getting a look at total profits or losses.
3. Click on the different crypto-assets to review your buy and sell dates. You can also select multiple assets at once to compare their performance during the same timeframe.
Overview of Portfolio’s Tokens Allocations
It’s important to understand your Kraken portfolio allocation and spread (Wallets and Exchanges) as well as getting a breakdown of the location of each of your assets per wallet or per exchange. You can go over each of them individually, or select several wallets and exchanges at once.
Need more Intel?
Remember that ACCOINTING.com allows you to generate a file to import and track your Kraken crypto report to different tax platforms depending on your country’s jurisdiction (US: TurboTax, TaxAct and Credit Karma & DE: Smart Steuer). Now you’re all set, if you have any questions regarding your Kraken transactions and classifications, make sure you reach out at [email protected] or join our community board.